Monday, October 27, 2008

Maturing

My anger that I have is not with you
Even though it might be kindled by some things you do
We're all just products of the land we live in
And I hope that when it shows in me I'll be forgiven

If we can connect the points where our similarities are
And unite a network that will extend out far
In any available similarity's direction
And each watch it work in case it needs correction

We can stop trying to prove how strong we can fight
And start fighting to find how strong we can unite
Hold tight together and bear the weather
And we'll blow away our burdens like they were feathers

Break the chains that keep us tethered
When the umbilical cord poisons, it must be severed
So we can stand up out of this fetal position
And prove we're mature by making decisions

No comments: